Career Level:Entry-level course
As an allied health professional, you will use English every day with patients and team members. This course is for Spanish speakers who want to improve their English vocabulary and ability to communicate effectively in a healthcare setting.
- Personalized course content offers up-to-date, real-world lessons.
- Ability to study wherever and whenever, with short lessons, or on-the-go with the mobile app.
- Improve speaking skills with a teacher and learners from around the world.
- Frequent assessments mean the content is suited specifically to your level.
- Personalized learning experience tailored to your interests and personal goals.
- Introduction to allied healthcare
- Scheduling and billing
- Medical history
- Basic nursing skills
- Examination procedures
- Medical charts
- Diagnosis and treatments
- Laboratory procedures
- Social work and mental health
- Legal and ethical standards
- Safety and infection control
Length of Study
3-6 months (self-paced)
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of allied healthcare workers.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the healthcare professions by watching healthcare professionals in a range of daily tasks and responsibilities.
- Understand the day-in-the-life of a healthcare worker by listening to conversations between workers and patients.
- Enhance your English fluency.
Allied health careers
Monthly membership for education and training: $20/month
To be eligible to enroll in the English Readiness for Allied Health course, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Reside in California
- Be computer and internet proficient
- Have home access to reliable high-speed internet
- Have a working computer
- Be willing to commit 3-6 hours per week of study time
- Taking this course will strengthen your healthcare language skills. Successful completion of this course does not guarantee your admission into a Futuro Health program.