The safety of those who provide care is of utmost importance to Futuro Health. In response to COVID-19, we have partnered with Pima Medical Institute (PMI) and others so that current healthcare workers and first responders can update their skill sets for the Covid-19 pandemic. This up-to-date training is critical for licensed vocational nurses/licensed practical nurses (LVN/LPNs) on the front lines of the global pandemic. Designed in a self-paced, fully online format, these training modules will provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to manage COVID-19 patients.
The training developed by PMI consists of 5 subjects. All five subjects are estimated to take a total of 5-6 hours to complete.
The course has been designed in a way where you can choose the modules that are most applicable to your immediate situation. Digital badges are awarded upon successful completion of each module.
1. Understanding COVID-19 disease progression; understanding and practicing the proper use of personal protective equipment; deep nasal pharyngeal swabbing technique for COVID-19 screening along with screening questions
2. Infection control precautions, asepsis and types of precautions
3. How to prepare for a move from sub-acute (clinics, nursing homes) to an acute setting (hospitals, emergency rooms, triage centers)
4. Caring for patients on ventilators; operating respiratory equipment
5. Managing stress and increasing resiliency for healthcare workers
Length of Study
Free to all LVNs, on a first come first serve basis, thanks to the generosity of Futuro Health, Kaiser Permanente, SEIU-UHW, Pima Medical Institute and The Education Fund. Space may be limited due to demand.